Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Searching Street Views on Google Maps

That's right I'm at a deposition searching google maps for the location where the testifying pedestrian says she was crossing.  It was Elizabeth Street near its intersection with Canal.  She's saying she had to cross there, that the sidewalk was blocked by a ribbon attached from building to a dumpster.  That is new information to me.   So she's claiming she had to cross in the middle of the block (rather than at the Canal Street crosswalk) when the car hit her...

The google photo of the address listed on the police report shows me a dumpster with a ribbon blocking the sidewalk; it even shows people crossing the street there, and it documents the photo as being taken one month prior to the accident.

So thank you... I forget who told me... for the ctrl print screen paste into paint program save as .png or .jpg commands (this applies to windows/dos operating systems).  

This picture is impossible to find, though, if I search google maps by using its arrows to explore the area.  I have to enter the address; it is not even the address where the dumpster is.  

Google's street view photo composites are from different times (and they, the google programmers, are saving prior photos, too, dating back to 2009).  However, only this one photo shows the street dumpster and the ribbon blocking the sidewalk behind it from it to the building.

Anyway, it's saved.  Yes, I think it is evidence.     

No comments: