Sunday, July 08, 2001

The reason I love Michael Douglas is 'cause he reminds me of his father... He's actually got several great accomplishments to his name, probably more than I know about for I have not seen his period with Ms. Kathleen Turner and Danny Davito, but he has made an impression as, well, as a producer of the Milos Foreman Cukoo's Nest, a great moment in Jucy Fruit history, and there's more to it than that, AN UNDERSTATEMENT. The bluelit end is truly a cinematic coup in an already solid stage adaptation currently featuring who, Gary Sinise, over here... Um, He's also got that performance in Wall Street that folks made much of... Martin Sheen, Oliver Stone, it all looked so local. How about, uh, oh dear, the great heroine, Glenn Close, and that hideous family that wrecked havoc upon her elevated existence... Well, by the end she's martyred gloriously, congratulations to the manipulative monster behind that camera lens. The director already had a history. Did he make Flash Dance? Adrien Lynn, eight and a half weeks, how DO these words stimulate the memory? There's insolence in that family and they inspire strength in us. They are incouragible and I love them. But now this thing with the Traffic costar. Hadn't she already established herself as a Bond woman. Steven Sodenburgh introduced her in the film as a star underneath a bushel of hay. I actually recall meeting Eric Douglas, who is I believe a half brother to Michael, yet they both bear such strong resemblence to their great father. He became friends with one of my close friends some years back when she was more in the producing business. Yeah, sure I was scared, but I enjoyed his company. What a riot to hear friends of my parents comment on his upbringing. Manners, baby, that's what it's all about up there on Candlewood Isle.

No comments: