Tuesday, November 08, 2005

From the point of view of Cupid, David Souter (GHW Bush USSC nominee, 1990) and Harriet Miers (GW Bush USSC nominee, 2005) were a match made in heaven.

On to other matters.

Oh, vote!

In very local news, the New York County District 60 voting machine at the Sirovich Center accepted four choices for Mayor.

I discovered this today at 10:00 AM while considering a vote for the "Rent Too High" party candidate for the position of Public Advocate. He was actually one of the candidates bunched in for Mayor.

The levers should lock after the maximum number have been pulled. They did for all the other choices.

I only voted for one Mayor, but I could have voted for four! I was actually inarticulately upset by this but did manage to convey the discovery to the pollers.

My getting upset tends to help no one, unless it is my intention to achieve the opposite result.

In more general local news, say good-bye to mechanical voting machines.

Do you suppose this evening will bring any election result surprises? I do not.

And thank you, New York 1, for last week's full week profile on "Top" Independent Party Member Fred Newman. What was the connection again?

No comments: