Thursday, July 03, 2003

"Thank you mama for the nine months you carried me through."

I lost a particularly detailed blogger here. Remember to save your work. I cannot recreate it. Why must my brain be so parsimonious about expressing details?

We're back from our Honeymoon on the independent island of St. Kitts where we stayed at Ottley's Plantation Inn and had a wonderful amazing time.

Eric Lippe called back this morning. I asked him to photograph our wedding (Thank you Julia Schell, Bob Strain, Kathleen Sweeney, Tyr Throne and Orin Buck).

Eric was in Tennessee documenting the showtoppling performances of the Trachtenburgs, Langhorn Slim and James Brown.

He also said that Aaron Wilkenson passed away. I remember Aaron as a songwriting, guitarplaying singer with a uniquely south western US style, he also ran lights and sound at SideWalk for many sets including a few of my own. He was always a welcome presence and his youthful condition in no way prepared one for its organic demise.

(I spoke with Jon Berger since then, who reminded me that Aaron was also once part of the band, The Moldy Peaches. )

A substance abuse doctor is visiting St. Kitts to further research of that pro-choice spiral with assistance from monkeys drafted from the rain forest.

Tourists plied with rum also assist.

Gleeful paranoics agree, the island's veterinary school and the animal testing facility do whatever they can to keep funded. Help stamp out substance abuse!

No comments: