Tuesday, October 01, 2002

It is over a month since my last die-ray ent-ray. We had a splendid run of The Golf Wars, I'm onto the next project which is the sequel of my collaboration with Tom Nondorf who chose, for the St. Jean's Auditorium Players, to revive Salad Days, a show that includes a magic piano in the park, and a flying saucer to help them find it when it's lost. The music reminds me of British Music Hall routines, simple but fast (the challenge is in getting them up to speed). Then there's dancing. The piano has to unleash the cast. Hey, it's fun. And The Golf Wars was fun. I was unavoidably flattered when one of the cast members thanked me for writing it. I can paint a happy picture, let's see, I can simply quote Kenny Davidsen. I'm making money and loving every minute of it and the album will be done in a few months. That's his quote but I can adopt it.

No comments: