Thursday, June 15, 2017

By contemplating the toilet training of a puppy I am reminded of my own bed-wetting, into my 14th year, trained with two metal screens, one covered by a  pillow-slip cover, resting upon the other, both resting beneath me on the bed, connected electrically to an alarm.  The conductor through which the screens connect the current is
water...
I'm even reminded of the expense,  Perhaps $345! and of a visitor explaining and selling with a house call this simple alarm, a folder of two pillow-sized metal screens connected to a blue box with a red light, resting beside me,
which quite simply....
worked...
Deep sleeping especially concerned me when I was at a friend's sleep-over.  For all our shared food eccentricities, I could never share this...
My thought at the time, perhaps even up until this blog moment if I cared to give it a thought, is one of mortification, but more importantly, one of general gratitude and admiration for the non-invasive effectiveness of this training.

Thanks to the research of my parents and their discovery of the above described invention, I am toilet trained today.

and...

after writing this I became willing to talk about it, and before I described the bed-wetting cure, a friend described the exact same experience to me...

No comments: